Thursday, June 17, 2010

Providing the Finest in Family Fun and Entertainment

I typed this post up in word… before I came here and saw James post. To my embarrassment I found myself being redundant with the amusement park theme. But what can a girl do… come summer THIS IS MY LIFE. That’s right, everyday I provide the finest in family fun and entertainment at the number two best kids park in the WORLD: Idlewild and Soak Zone. Second only to Lego Land

If you have ever seen Adventure Land. WHICH YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE. Its rated R. not for loiterers. BUT Adventure Land is filmed in PITTSBURGH at Kennywood… our sister park. This movie depicts my job as a worker in games (as James said the little stands where you win stuffed animals) as... well the worst job in the world. WRONG! My job is hilarious. Although I am stuck in a small box all day with socially off co workers I never miss the family gathering in front of the fountain for a nice family photo… and getting soaked when the wind comes. This is in the Idlewild section of the park. The soak zone section looks more like this.

There’s the obsessive parents that will spend 50 dollars just so that all three of their kids can walk away with a giant dinosaur full of foam beans that will fall out the next day so that they are left with something that can’t even stand up because the heads too big and there’s now a hole in the neck, and my favorite and yours the kids who want to play the game and they argue with you when you try to explain the game yelling “don’t listen to her she just wants your money!” After three years I have decided that amusement parks are full of crazy people. Both workers and guests.

At least I get to know all the season pass holders. They collect stuffed star fish in every color and know if you have a really cute baby you can get free tries at throwing the ball into the toilet, and they don't have to spend five dollars before they realize the basketball hoop is not standard size.

Okay soo… I guess it’s more boring than I lead on… I guess ill just stop now. While you kids are doing cool summer things like going to the beach and flying kites. Think of me in my little stand providing the finest in family fun and entertainment and next time you’re at an amusement park remember there’s more to life than that giant dinosaur and just walk away.



No comments:

Post a Comment