Saturday, April 10, 2010

On Food (and Acetominophen)

Dearest Loitrons, I have failed you. I have not written a true blog post in over a month. My only excuse is that my final exams are currently going on right now, and I barely even have time to expel bodily waste these days. I currently have a persistent headache that I can only assume is the result of repeated attempts to comprehend special relativity. No seriously, I have to learn that by Wednesday. Anyway, said headache is preventing me from sleeping, so I thought I’d finally update the blog until it (hopefully) subsides. Therefore, today’s blog is brought to you by Extra Strength Tylenol. Lots of it...

Kills the pain (and the liver)

When I’m not sketching light cones on a spacetime plot, I keep myself entertained with two things; psychoactive stimulants, and food. Since I’m pretty sure Nick isn’t too big on the first thing, I guess I’ll talk about the second thing.

Some molecules are more equal than others.

Food is like most things in life; you take it for granted until you don’t have it. Plus, you can also die if you don't have it, so it's a bit of a double whammy. It’s also interesting that as starving sensations increase, foods that normally don’t look edible begin to look extremely appetizing.

OMNOMNOM

On the opposite end of the spectrum, sometimes people enjoy food too much. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for eating. Every meal is a personal challenge to see how much food I can shove into my stomach. After the third or fourth Whopper, though, the stomach tends to retaliate. But if you eat way too much food, it tends to show. And with some people, it shows so much that you wonder why they don't hibernate for 4 or 5 years until they can actually get out of bed and walk to Burger King.

Pictured: Pre-hibernation James

Some foods are more accepted in different places. You’d be hard pressed to find a place that serves grilled sea lion in Colorado, and most Americans have never even heard of poutine. It’s really a shame, sea lion has such marvellous flavour.

Poutine is known to induce tonguasms as well

Anyway, I myself am currently starving, and I can only hope that I can fall asleep despite this still present headache, and have dreams of juicy sea lion steaks. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I actually have heard of poutine... I have a canadian roommate after all...

    ReplyDelete