Thursday, September 2, 2010

Teachers

"Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym" - Jack Black, School of Rock

I had to start this post with one of my favorite movie quotes of all time. the line made that movie, in my opinion. That quote, and 'Stick-it-to-the-man-neurosis". Anyways, the reason I made this post is simply because throughout this summer, I have collected a small number of my favorite last names of teachers. If you have any better ones feel free to let me know. I'm still on the look out for Mrs. Isaman, Hairylegs, or anything of that sort. Here are my top three from this summer while moving schools.

No. 3 - Mrs. Loving

Awww... (said lovingly). Now this was the first one that caught my attention. Although I'm sure that Mrs. Loving was probably sent straight from Hades, just the idea makes me hope she's the perfect teacher. Who always brings nachos to class (nachos being the food of platonic love, bacon, the food of romantic love). Someone like the teacher, Mrs. Honey (I think) from Matilda. That'd be a pretty good last name too...

No. 2 - Mrs. Mercy


How many times throughout school would Mrs. Mercy have come in handy?! Dang I could've used some Mrs. Mercy when I forgot to do my essays or failed a test, especially in Calc last year. Math 112 by Mrs. Mercy would probably fill up faster than a car light fills with unexplainable dead bugs.

Finally what you've all been waiting for... Well... probably not, you've probably just scrolled down and looked at the pictures and haven't read any of the words so you didn't have to wait at all. But I've had to write all that and have been anxiously awaiting my opportunity to introduce my single favorite teacher last name of all time. Drum roll please....

No. 1 - Mrs. Mankiller


Yes! I agree, that name deserves the number one spot! Sure the picture came out a little shaky, I was at work after all, but the name? Maybe one of my top 5 last names of all time! Terrifying as all Heaven and Earth combined: Mrs. Mankiller. I mean just look at the name! She kills men, dang it! Can you get a better name! As for a teacher's last name in particular, it may not be as great a correlation as the other two but... Its awesome regardless! Thank you University of Denver, for producing my favorite teacher's last name of all time.

She probably taught Calc.

Well that's it for now. As always, Go America!

1 comment:

  1. How about my favorite doctor's name: Dr. Ow. That is real!Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete