Friday, January 1, 2010

Star Wars of the 21st Century, Avatar is. (quote by Yoda) Maybe.... you decide.



Hello fellow Loiterers. To begin, I feel that in this globalizing world, we all have a need for a little bit of cultural diversification. Naturally, I will be implementing the use of various translations of words into different languages. We will begin with the topic at hand: Avatar. I will now translate "avatar" into several languages (using accents while sounding out the translations is a must). We shall begin with European languages, going left to right. Portugal - avatar. Spain - avatar. France - avatar. Italy - avatar. Now moving onto some countries whose languages' spelling actually diverge from that of the English Language. We begin again. Avatarisi (Finnish) 头像 (Chinese) अवतार (Hindi) logója (Hungarian).

Now that we have been thoroughly diversified, I shall move on. I have high regards for Avatar, a movie that created a new world for the audience, one that only books and choice movies have been able to do for a person. I know that James has already posted about Avatar, but I feel a pressing need to share my thoughts on the movie.

First off, don't let the subtle green and anti-war messages get to you (subtle, but they occur through pretty much the whole movie as a collective story). Just about every movie has a couple, as does Avatar. Let yourself drift into the world of the Na'vi, and appreciate the amazing CGI movie. I strongly recommend seeing it. And don't forget to buy the Avatar action figure! Live karate chop action!



1 comment:

  1. AVATAR IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE. I have seen it twice in the last 3 days. The earlier post about this inspired me and made me really want to see it! I guess all that is left now is to go buy that action figure...

    ReplyDelete